tubbs’s Film Reviews
5873 Films have been rated or reviewed by tubbs.
- Colditz Story, The (1957)
- An excellent mix of comedic and dramatic actors do justice to a similarly themed screenplay.
- DVD $14.95
- Iron Lady, The (2011)
- Don't let the subject matter put you off it is extremely well produced and performed. The set designs, makeup, and wardrobe are commendable.
$12 $6 | Blu-Ray $29.95 $15
- Wife, The (2017)
- A married couple yell at each other frequently. Singles enjoy.
- DVD $34.95
- Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again (Mamma Mia 2) (2018)
- It fades a bit toward the end as the screenplay looks for work for some of the bigger names to do but overall it is entertaining thanks to ABBA and Lily James. Lily carries the film between the musical numbers a lot of which she also has to lead.
- DVD $24.95 | Blu-Ray $29.95, $49.95
- 15:17 to Paris, The (2018)
- The participants looked the part and overall the running time of this dramatisation is not too long.
- DVD $39.95 | Blu-Ray $44.95
- Big Wednesday (1978)
- 40 years on and it is still watchable although the screenplay would have benefitted from being more compact it should stand up as representative of surfing youths of the time.
- DVD $14.95
- Terror, The (1963)
- Karloff is worth watching in this "budget" offering. The screenplay is reasonable as a horror except that the French lieutenant character is just not believable and you would like to push the nosy obnoxious prick down the nearest flight of stone stairs.
- DVD $39.95
- Kobi (2017)
- It is okay but possibly too long for a general audience to hold its interest.
- DVD $29.95
- American Splendor (2003)
- The artwork and set designs are well done but the screenplay is forced and tries too hard. Giamatti, as usual, is too intense and doesn't help.
- DVD $19.95
- Affliction (1997)
- It didn't have the same impact twenty years on as when first viewed but the great cast still make it watchable.