Wizzums’s Film Reviews
221 Films have been rated or reviewed by Wizzums.
- Hugo (2011)
- Hugo is unashamedly old–fashioned, and a rare treasure. A children’s film this may be, but it is The Godfather of children’s films; a perfectly crafted masterpiece steeped in rarefied class and unmatched beauty. In a word, magic.
- In Bruges (2008)
- A sharp, savage comedy with acidic wit and a dark heart. It\'s bold, brutal and brilliant.
$20 $15, $25 $18.75
- Before the Devil Knows You're Dead (2007)
- Bold, vivid and brilliant. A ferocious thriller that drags you in, with an exceptional performance from Hoffman.
- Drive (2011)
- It seems to be a fairytale crossed with a nightmare; the simple sweetness of the central relationship mingled with the chilling horror of a bloody curb–stomp, and it is ultra–stylish, ultra–cool and utterly mesmerising.
- Help, The (2011)
- The acting is excellent, but the film itself is limited, condescending and sappy.
- Tree of Life, The (2011)
- Vast and thought provoking. A very beautiful experience.
- Blue Valentine (2010)
- The story is powerful and the direction is wonderful, but it is Gosling and Williams who steal the show with a pair of incredible performances.
- French Connection, The (1971)
- Intense, brilliantly made thriller with incredible set–pieces and an outstanding performance from Gene Hackman.
- Taxi Driver (1976)
- Powerful beyond words. De Niro gives an exceptional performance, keeping the viewer mesmerized throughout a stunning portrait of post–war angst. Haunting, unforgettable viewing.
- Goodfellas (1990)
- Powerful, insightful and gripping gangster flick. Absolutely incredible.