JohnSpecialK’s Film Reviews
85 Films have been rated or reviewed by JohnSpecialK.
- Beethoven's Nephew (1985)
- portrays the uncle as furious and tyrannical, obsessed and insanely jealous. Even though the film elicits a deep sympathy for his torment, it concentrates too much on only one aspect of his life – not surprisingly, given its plot being based on novels.
- Magnificent Rebel, The (1961)
- This film is a good little intro to the music of Beethoven for those who don\'t know anything about his life and work.
- Copying Beethoven (2006)
- a fantasy, a made–up story to give us some insight into what might have been; the screenplay is very \"inventive\".
- In Search of Beethoven (2009)
- a documentary, dominated by Anglo–American “experts”. Maudlin, sentimental. Despite the acclaim it received, one is left with the feeling that he did not really find him! A (still questionable) selection of lots of excellent music is just not enough.
- DVD $34.95
- Amadeus (1984)
- Not anywhere near the truth as the claim that Salieri killed Mozart goes, but Mozart\'s weirdness is well characterized!
- Immortal Beloved (1994)
- The long overdue soap opera picture, Hollywood–style, received nevertheless only \"mixed\" reviews. The (disintegrated) plot is simply beyond belief: It turns out that she is none other than his hated sister–in–law Johanna!
- Magical Mystery Tour (1967)
- Black Sabbath (Three Faces of Fear) (1963)
- Mask of Satan (Black Sunday) (1960)
- Mario Bava Collection (Black Sunday, Black Sabbath, Hatchet For a Honeymoon, Shock, Mario Bava: Maestro of the Macabre) (1960-1977)