Tom H’s Film Reviews
867 Films have been rated or reviewed by Tom H.
- Graduate, The (1967)
- An all–time classic that seems to have fallen off everyone\'s radar as a shining example of a comedy–drama done right.
- DVD $14.95 | Blu-Ray $19.95
- Devil Wears Prada, The (2006)
- A fun little romp through the fashion world – I have to say that I was expecting this one to be painful but was pleasantly surprised.
- Bridesmaids (2011)
- The most enjoyable comedy since the Hangover, this one had me in stitches at parts. Good fun for guys and girls alike.
- DVD $34.95
- Get Him to the Greek (2010)
- Funnier than expected spin–off following one of the better characters from Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Could have done without P–Diddy (or whatever he calls himself these days), but Jonah and Brand are good.
- Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (2011)
- A good adaptation, and very Le Carre. If you enjoyed the book, you\'re likely to be into this. For me, it was a little plodding at times, even if remaining interesting.
- Rum Diary, The (2011)
- Another Hunter S Thompson book that hasn\'t been done justice. It\'s a pity since Depp captures Thompson\'s spirit and style, but this take on my favourite Thomson novel simply doesn\'t work.
- DVD $15, $29.95 | Blu-Ray $34.95
- Moonrise Kingdom (2012)
- One of my favourite comedies of 2012, and my favourite of all Wes Anderson films to date. I loved the style of the entire picture, and the performances from various familiar faces in unfamiliar roles kept me grinning throughout.
- Life of Pi (2012)
- A wonderful tale that delivers on all fronts, Life of Pie is equally touching and mesmerizing, a truly imaginative world to be drawn into. Along with Avatar, this is one of the few pictures worth seeing in 3D.
$20 $15, $34.95 | Blu-Ray $39.95
- Hobbit, The - An Unexpected Journey (2012)
- A very disappointing rendition of one of my childhood favourite novels. Sorry Peter, but this one missed the mark for me. The lighter tone, the changes to story, the loose editing, the high–framerate, none of it was for the better.
$39.95 $14.95, $34.95 | Blu-Ray $25 $18.75, $54.95
- Battle: Los Angeles (2011)
- Don\'t come for the acting. Don\'t come for the story. If you come at all, come for the visuals, the destruction, the action, and the outstanding sound effects.
- DVD $39.95 | Blu-Ray $44.95