Wizzums’s Film Reviews
221 Films have been rated or reviewed by Wizzums.
- Beetlejuice (1988)
- Stunning. Full of flair, style, originality, imagination and jet–black wit.
- Appaloosa (2008)
- Flat and forgettable. Mortensen, Harris and Irons are wasted. Not bad exactly, but not good enough to invest the time.
- No Country for Old Men (2007)
- Thrilling, dark, intense and brutal. All of the classic Coen hallmarks are present, including a layer of dark, biting wit. Javier Bardem is unforgettable as he delivers one of the best performances of all time. A truly brilliant, truly faultless film.
- Rango (2011)
- Twisted, off–beat and hilarious. A brilliant homage to a ton of classic films.
- DVD $39.95
- Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005)
- Val Kilmer is brilliant and the story is decent, but instead of avioding convention and clichè, the film instead chooses to highlight it with painfully self–aware narration that tries too hard to be cool and pretty much ruins the experience.
- Unforgiven (1992)
- A ferocious masterpiece of a Western. Eastwood has yet to top this as an actor, or a director. He, Hackman, Freeman and Harris are all brilliant, as is the script and the outstanding direction.
- Spider-Man 3 (Spiderman 3) (2007)
- Flat–out awful. Raimi adds absurd humour which could have worked, but only in a completely different film, such as a horrible song/dance number. Too many characters and poor acting doesn\'t help.
- DVD $12.95 | Blu-Ray $14.95
- Spider-Man 2 (Spiderman 2) (2004)
- An improvement over the original mainly because of a fantastic turn from Alfred Molina as Dr Ock.
- DVD $12.95, $19.95, $29.95 | Blu-Ray $14.95
- Spider-Man (Spiderman) (2002)
- Flashy but conventional with the acting ranging from entertainingly hammy (Dafoe, Simmons) to flat–out awful (Maguire, Franco).
- DVD $12.95, $39.95 | Blu-Ray $14.95, $89.95
- Patriot Games (1992)
- Competent in some places, slow and laggy in others. Sean Bean provides the most entertainment as the IRA terrorist baddie.
- DVD $24.95 | Blu-Ray $24.95