ets’s Film Reviews
About me: too eclectic to say
16 Films have been rated or reviewed by ets.
- Jane The Virgin (TV Series) (2017)
- I love this show. It's a hilarious blend of soap opera tropes, surreality, music, tragedy and comedy, played out on beautiful sets with gorgeous costumes and a lovely, lovable heroine at its centre. Funny as hell, lovely to look at. More please.
- DVD $19.95, $29.95, $34.95
- Georgy Girl (1966)
- There was too much quirk and whimsy in this film for my taste. But Lynn Redgrave, Charlotte Rampling (a beauty in Mary Quant dresses), Alan Bates and James Mason were fun to watch in this "arty" film very much of the 1960s.
- Green Dolphin Street (1947)
- There were some interesting "historical" aspects to this film, however it was overlong, mawkish and dated. Lana Turner and Donna Reed, though lovely, were just too modern. Their hair and bonnets were laughable, and much of the dialog silly.rn
- Mindy Project, The (TV Series) (2012)
- I loved almost every minute of it. OB/gyn Mindy Lahiri is an adorable, shallow, selfish, silly thoroughly American woman. Quick dialog, topical references, misbehavior, romance, true love–what could be better?
- DVD $29.95, $29.95, $39.95, $39.95
- Boyhood (2014)
- Boring...so boring. I don't know how I can sit through the whole thing, or why anyone would like it. Boring.
- DVD $29.95 | Blu-Ray $34.95
- 100 Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared, The (Hundred Year Old Man, the) (2013)
- This was amusing, unique, interesting and well paced.
- Shipping News, The (2002)
- Diverting enough; absolutely gorgeous, if bleak, scenery. I saw it years ago, but it was utterly unmemorable. I see now why I didn\'t remember it.
- Celebrity (1999)
- Yuck – I did not enjoy this film. I had seen it when it was first released and had no memory of it except a vague one of the banana scene. It\'s one of WA\'s misses.
- Babette's Feast (1987)
- A lovely film, with its tension between the sensual and the ascetic. Much enriched too by reading Isak Dinesen\'s story.
- An Awfully Big Adventure (1994)
- My memory of the entire film is somewhat dimmed by time. I\'d see it again sometime for the yummy, plummy–voiced Alan Rickman.